TINNA PMB is the polymer Modified Bitumen produced by blending straight run Bitumen with suitable thermoplastic polymers and additives. With the recent advancement of Flexible Pavement Technology Polymer Modified Bitumen is the latest binder for Hot Mixed Asphalt (HMA) i.e. a mixture of aggregate material bound together with polymerized bitumen binder for Bituminous Concrete/Macadam for Flexible Pavements.
TINNA PMB is available in grades 120, 70 and 40 in both Thermoplastic Plastomerand Thermoplastic Elastomeric
It is used for Wearing course & Binder course like Semi dense Bituminous Concrete (SDBC), Dense Bituminous Macadam (DBM) and Bituminous Concrete (BC)or Asphalt Concrete(AC).
- Enhances life of periodical maintenance and overlays by about 1.5 times as compared to conventional Bitumen.
- Lower susceptibility to temperature variations.
- Higher resistance to deformation wear and tear.
- Low glass transition temperature which gives excellent performance properties of pavement at low temperatures.
- Stiffer blend reduces rutting and stability at high temperatures.
- Enhances Dimensional stability and strength of pavement.
- Improves abrasion resistance of pavementImproves abrasion resistance of pavement.
- Improves Fatigue resistance.
- Reduces Oxidation and aging resistance.
- Reduces structural thickness of pavement.
- Provides better adhesion between different aggregates.
- Delay cracking and reflective cracking.